Biscotti with a shot of espresso
Dream away to Italy with this recipe for crispy little biscotti cookies with coffee, almonds and dark chocolate. We got this recipe from Michala Kramer, who is a shark in the bakery for making delicious recipes with coffee.
- Time: 30 min.
- Quantity: 20-25 stk
- Preparation: 10 min. baking time: 20 min.
- Tastes delicious
- 125 g mel
- 125 g. Cane sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 espresso shot, 40 ml. (or other strong coffee)
- 2 tbsp. butter eg vegetable butter
- 50g. almonds or hazelnuts
- 50g. dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C hot air.
- Stir flour, cane sugar, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add 40 ml. espresso shot (or other strong coffee) and 2 tbsp. soft butter. Sprinkle well with salt and turn the dough over.
- Chop the almonds and chocolate and add it to the dough.
- Form the dough into 2 oblong flat pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (see photos below). Sprinkle if necessary. with a little salt on top. Bake them in the oven for approx. 20-22 min. until they are golden.
- Let them cool for 10-15 min and cut them into oblong diagonal pieces.
- If you want them extra crispy, you can bake them in the oven for 10 minutes longer.
Biscottis – how to do it ↓
Mix all ingredients and make 2 oblong flat forms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Now bake them in the oven for approx. 20-22 min ↓
When they have cooled down a bit, they can be cut into oblong pieces ↓
Recipe for vegan biscotti without eggs
All Michala recipes are vegan . When for this recipe it makes almost no difference as eggs are rarely needed in the cake. Of course, there can also be dairy products in chocolate, so here you must of course go for a vegan chocolate if you want it. And if the cookies are made with dairy products – then all milk can always be replaced with almond drink, oat drink or something else.
It’s just something special with homemade gifts .. And then the glass can be filled with a mixture of biscotti, vanilla wreaths, cookies, brownies or peppercorns.
Get our tips and tricks
Sign up for our news letter
and get our coffee tips and
-tricks directly to your inbox.