Delicious summer pie with espresso base and fresh berries
The summer and the heat are over us and we have become a fan of this fresh summer pie. It is perfect for sunny afternoons on the terrace or balcony. The bottom of the pie has a twist of espresso that gives a delicious understated coffee flavor. We think it works quite well with the dark roasted coffee from Corcasan – You can find it here.
The recipe was developed by our good friend Michala, who is a rock star in cooking and who has taken up the challenge of integrating coffee into her cakes and desserts.
- 100 g. Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 80g. soft butter
- 30 ml. espresso-shot
- A little salt
- 2 dl. cream
- Grain from 1 vanilla bean
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- + Optional berries
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add soft butter and 30 ml. espresso shot.
- Sprinkle well with salt.
- Mix the dough with your hands and distribute the dough in a small round baking tin (approx. 16 cm).
- Bake in the bottom of the oven at 175 degrees for 17-20 minutes until the bottom is golden.
- Make the cream while the baking is on. Whip the cream firmly in a bowl. Add the peel from the lemon, vanilla bean and icing sugar. Taste and add more if necessary.
- Cool the cake base a little before serving, and spread the cream on top.
- Decorate the cake with fresh berries from the season.
- Serve the summer pie with extra fresh berries – and of course a good cup of WISH coffee.
PS – I made the recipe vegan. Here you just use whipped cream soy cream instead of regular whipped cream.